THE HOLIDAY SEASON usually means it is party time. Though gatherings will be smaller than usual, putting celebration high on your must-do list is important as we close out this extraordinary year
Working popular seasonal flavours – cranberry, peppermint, chocolate and gingerbread – into your list of libation offerings will ignite the festive mood.
We researched some creative cocktails exploring those taste temptations and came up with our top recommendation.
PEPPERMINT/CHOCOLATE MARTINI WITH CANDY CANE RIM
Nothing goes hand-in-hand with the holiday season more than candy canes and chocolate. It’s easy to incorporate these iconic treats into your seasonal cocktails.
2 oz white chocolate liqueur
2 oz vanilla vodka
2 oz peppermint schnapps
Splash of cream or milk
1/4 cup ice
- In a blender, pulse candy canes to crush.
- Wet the rim of the cocktail glass, lower into the crushed candy canes and rotate to cover.
- Blend all liquids in a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes.
- Strain into rimmed cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a candy cane or sprinkle with crushed candy.